Author Interviews

* you can find the original interviews and much more on my 'everything writing' blog (http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com), including author spotlights, guest posts, book reviews, flash fiction or poetry - new items posted 6am UK time Monday to Saturday and writing exercises at 6pm very weekday.

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Author interview with Stacey Covington-Lee (revisited)


Back in April 2013, I interviewed author Stacey Covington-Lee for my interview-only WordPress blog. I hope you enjoy it...

Welcome to my blog interviews with novelists, poets, short story authors, scriptwriters, biographers, agents, publishers and more. Today’s is with contemporary novelist Stacey Covington-Lee. A list of interviewees (blogged and scheduled) can be found here. If you like what you read, please do go and investigate further.
Morgen: Hello, Stacey. Please tell us something about yourself, where you’re based, and how you came to be a writer.
StaceyStacey: Hi Morgen. I am an Atlanta native and Savannah State Alumni. Prior to completing and publishing my first novel, I was an Instructional Trainer and developed training manuals for insurance companies and local government. I've always had a love for literature and wrote my first story at age thirteen. However, it was in 2006 that I decided to seriously pursue my dream of writing novels.
Morgen: What genre do you generally write and have you considered other genres?
Stacey: I generally write Contemporary Fiction, what many are now calling Chick Lit. I don't necessarily like that term because I've had quite a few men voice their appreciation for my work. I always find myself throwing a little suspense in my writing, so if I did write another genre, it would be Suspense Thriller.
Morgen: What have you had published to-date? Do you write under a pseudonym?
TKIMB CoverStacey: To date I have published two novels and I'm thrilled that each is re-released under Delphine Publications. My first novel, The Knife In My Back, was re-released November 2012 and its follow up, The Knife In My Back II, will be released July 9, 2013. I actually write under my real name, it sounds kinda rich to me (laughing).
Morgen: It’s a great name, and I’d say easily Googleable, which is important. Are your books available as eBooks? How involved were you in that process? Do you read eBooks or is it paper all the way?
Stacey: Yes, each of my novels are, and will be, available for eBooks. Delphine recognizes the importance of making its books available in every form. With that said, I must admit that I'm still old school, I like the feel of an actual book in my hands. My husband purchased me a Nook as a gift and I do download books, but I haven't become a stranger to the bookstore.
Morgen: That’s good to hear. Do you have a favorite of your books or characters? If any of your books were made into films, who would you have as the leading actor/s?
Stacey: My favorite character would have to be Tameka Williams. She is such a manipulative, deceptive woman that will stop at nothing to get what she wants. She is that character that you love to hate. If I could pick someone to play her in the movie version of The Knife In My Back, it would have to be Tasha Smith (Why Did I Get Married). She would be the perfect Tameka!
Morgen: What are you working on at the moment / next?
Stacey: I'm currently working on a hard-hitting story about domestic abuse. I love to keep my work relevant and address real life issues.
Morgen: What do you think the future holds for a writer?
Stacey: It's as if we're witnessing a new Harlem Renaissance. There is so much new talent emerging and with so many avenues to get your work into the hands of readers, the future is very bright. We will have a future filled with a great deal of social networking, blogging, etc. (if more is possible... lol) but it is essential to our success.
Morgen: It is. Most authors say they are bogged down by it but we do get to meet potential readers from the comfort of our chairs so that can’t be a bad thing. Where can we find out about you and your writing?
Stacey: You can read excerpts from my books, purchase signed copies, see event dates and much more at http:/www.staceycovingtonlee.com. I'm also on Facebook (Stacey Covington Lee) and Twitter (@CovingtonLee). My books are also available at Amazon.com (‪http://amzn.to/SSHx64) and B&N.com.
Morgen: Thank you, Stacey.
***
If you are reading this and you write, in whatever genre, and are thinking “ooh, I’d like to do this” then you can… just email me and I’ll send you the information. They do now (January 2013) carry a fee (£10 / €12.50 / $15) for the new interviews on the mixed blog but everything else (see Opportunities on the main blog) is free.
Alternatively, if you’d like a free Q&A-only interview, I now have this blog, http://morgensauthorinterviews.wordpress.com, on which I’ve rerun the original interviews posted here then posted new interviews which I then reblog here. These interviews are Q&A only, so I don’t add in my comments but they do get exposure on both sites.
If you go for the interview, it’s very simple; I send you a questionnaire (I have them for novelists, short story authors, children’s authors, non-fiction authors, and poets). You complete the questions, and I let you know when it’s going to go live. Before it does so, I add in comments as if we’re chatting, and then they get posted. When that’s done, I email you with the link so you can share it with your corner of the literary world. And if you have a writing-related blog / podcast and would like to interview me… let me know.
** NEW!! You can now subscribe to the main blog on your Kindle / Kindle app!
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internetview my Books (including my debut novel, which is serialised on Novel Nights In!) and I also have a blog creation / maintenance service especially for, but not limited to, writers. If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating and choose an optional free eBook.
For writers / readers willing to give feedback and / or writers wanting feedback, take a look at the main blog’s Feedback page.
As I post an interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t unfortunately review books but I have a list of those who do. I welcome items for critique for the online writing groups, and their associated Facebook groups, listed below:
Morgen’s Online Non-Fiction Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Novel Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Poetry Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Script Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Short Story Writing Group
We look forward to reading your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this interview and leaving a comment - we are all very grateful.